Army Research Laboratory Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowhip
- May 2, 2016
- Events-Grad, Faculty
The Army Research Laboratory invites exceptional young researchers to apply for the ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applicants must display extraordinary ability in scientific research and show clear promise of becoming outstanding leaders. Successful candidates will have tackled a major scientific or engineering problem during their thesis work or will have provided a new approach or insight, as evidenced by a recognized impact in their field.
- Applicants must have completed all the requirements for a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree in the physical sciences, life sciences, computational sciences, behavioral sciences, or engineering and must be within three years from the date of their degree at the time of application.
- Selected fellows must pass a Department of Defense clearance process, requiring a background security investigation.
- Applicants must demonstrate exceptional qualifications with respect to academic and scholarly achievement, as evidenced by research and publication.
Fellowship terms and benefits
- Stipend - $100,000 annually
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Paid relocation and a professional travel allowance
- Appointments are for one year renewable for up to three years based on performance. Fellowship appointments require a full-time commitment to the research program at ARL, and Fellows must be in residence at ARL during the entire period of the appointment.
More detailed information and an online application can be found at http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/Fellowships/ARL.
Questions should be directed to the NRC at 202-334-3560 (phone) or ARLDPF@nas.edu.