The BMB Research Storeroom (BMB Store) now offers DNA/RNA synthesis ordering for your research needs at Michigan State University. Orders placed through the BMB Store will be invoiced directly to your MSU Account number and picked up at the BMB Store. Orders for oligos, probes, miRNA and siRNA from ThermoFisher (Applied Biosystems/ABI), Integrated DNA Technology (IDT), Sigma, or GenScript will be processed according to the methods described below.
ThermoFisher (Applied Biosystems/ABI)
- Complete a Non-Stock / Open Order Form (PDF), entering quantity desired and "Custom Taqman" in the description, with catalog number (if applicable).
- Complete this template.
- Send both files as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be notified when your order has arrived at the BMB Store. Please note, turnaround time for custom synthesis is approximately 1 week.
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
- Log in or set-up a new IDT account. You should see our BMB Store logo at the top of the screen. IMPORTANT NOTE: IDT logins not created via the BMB Store portal WILL NOT receive discounted pricing or free S&H; a new login must be created through this link.
- A valid MSU account number (2 letters, 6 digits) is required. A subaccount may also be added.
- Begin customizing your order in the Custom Synthesis area of the website and follow the directions provided. Please note that SameDay orders are not eligible for free S&H.
- You will be notified when your order has arrived at the BMB Store. Orders are typically received in our afternoon shipment two days after being placed.
Sigma-Aldrich products that can be ordered here include:
- Same Day Oligos
- SYBR green primers - KiCqStart Pre-designed Primer Pairs
- Probes - Dual Labeled Fluorescent
- siRNA - custom and pre-designed
- It is recommended that each laboratory (Principal Investigator) use one account for all laboratory researchers. However, Sigma has set up new accounts in the BMBStores Sigma Portal for many existing MSU researchers who have ordered oligos from Sigma.
- Go to the Sigma portal.
- To create a new account click on the "Register" link after entering the Portal. The registration code to use is USA-MICHSTATE. Your new user profile becomes active 24-48 hours after creating it.
- For best oligo pricing and S&H costs, click on Products, then Order Oligos & Peptides (under Custom Product); choose DNA Oligos.
- Once the sequence(s) and oligo name(s) are added, View Cart (upper right corner of web page) to confirm billing information and "Submit Cart" to place the oligo order with Sigma.
- A valid MSU Account no. (8 characters), and if necessary subaccount no., will be required in order to submit oligo request.
GenScript USA, Inc.
Make Research Easy
Click this link to log in or set-up a new GenScript account. You should see the BMB Store logo at the top of the screen. To receive the discounted pricing structure and have shipping/handling fees waived, your account must fall under the BMB organization account set up with GenScript. Pre-existing GenScript accounts under Michigan State University’s organization have already been duplicated under the new BMB Storeroom organization. Use your previous GenScript account login credentials and skip the account set up process by clicking the sign in here link.
Begin customizing your order through GenScript’s online ordering portal and follow the directions provided. Please note additional service lines like peptide synthesis, protein expression, and antibody development services will also be available for ordering through this portal.
An order confirmation email will be sent to you once your order is placed, and a BMB store representative will inform you when your order has arrived and can be claimed.