As part of the BMB Colloquium, the department, with the generous support of contributors, hosts four endowed lectureships each year that pay tribute to outstanding scientists from the department. Presenters for the Charles C. Sweeley Lectureship in Biochemistry, the Nathan Edward Tolbert Lectureship in Plant Biochemistry, and the William W. Wells Lectureship are selected by the BMB Colloquium committee. Presenters for the biannual John A. Boezi and R. Gaurth Hansen Alumnus Award lectures are determined by the BMB Awards Committee.
- Professor John A. Boezi
- The establishment of an award, given annually in his memory, to a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. recipient from this Department who has gone on to a distinguished career that reflects the qualities personified by John Boezi.
- Professor R. Gaurth Hansen
- The R. Gaurth Hansen Lecture has been established to recognize outstanding young scientists who received their undergraduate or graduate training in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Michigan State University and are now in the early stages of a promising academic career.
- Professor Charles C. Sweeley
- In honor of the achievements of Chuck Sweeley as a scientist and his impact on the scientific community at MSU, his many friends and colleagues have endowed this lectureship.
- Professor Nathan Edward Tolbert
- The Nathan Edward Tolbert Endowed Lectureship is supported by his many friends and colleagues as a tribute to this outstanding scientist.
- Professor William W. Wells
The Williams W. Wells Endowed Lectureship is supported by his many friends and colleagues as a tribute to this outstanding scientist.
- Dr. Richard U. and Claire M. Byerrum Endowed Fellowship
- Mrs. Claire Byerrum has established the Dr. Richard U. and Claire M. Byerrum Endowed Fellowship to aide the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in attracting or retaining outstanding graduate students.