Toggle Accessibility Tools

Override Request/Special Permissions Form

Click to access the Biochemistry Override Request Form  (MSU NetID and password required)

This form is only to be used for courses offered by the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology department and designated with the letters "BMB".

For questions and assistance with using the override form, please contact Mary Villarreal, via email, by clicking here. Overrides are processed between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.

ATTENTION:  If you need an override for a Biological Sciences Department Course (courses such as BS 161, 171, etc...) click here for Biological Sciences course override from .  The Biochemistry department and the Biological Sciences department are completely separate departments and each handles their own overrides.


  • We can not "hold" spots for students so you need to wait until your enrollment appointment (the day/time you are allowed to begin enrolling for a particular semester) comes up to submit an override request.  You can find your enrollment appointment by logging into the schedule builder enrollment system found here: 
  • ALL Lifelong Education students must submit an override request for any courses that they want to enroll in.  We do not have access to your prior coursework so in the comments area on the form, please indicate what prerequisite courses you've taken from other institutions, that would fulfill the requirements for the MSU courses.   You would need to indicate the course number, name, and the school it was taken at. (ex. CHEM 252 - Organic Chemistry II from ABC college).  Not including this information up front, will delay your override request being processed
  • A "Course Restriction Not Satisfied" message may mean that you have not fulfilled the prerequisite requirement(s) (or the computer cannot not identify a prerequisite you took at another institution).  To see what prerequisites are required, visit this site:  We normally do not process overrides to waive prerequisite courses so if you have an extenuating circumstance that you believe warrants an exception, you must contact the course instructor and explain your situation.  

  • You'll need to submit a separate request for each course that you need an override for.

  • If you want to take a graduate level course as an undergraduate student or vis a versa, in addition to submitting the override form, you must contact the course instructor for special permission since their approval is required.

  • If a course is "full", we are usually not able to do overrides so you'd need to just set up an alert/wait list thru the schedule builder enrollment system, and wait for someone to drop.

  • If you have holds/service indicators on your account, those must be dealt with prior to receiving an override and enrolling into a course.

  • If you are currently taking a course and think that you are going to want to retake it in a future semester, you’d have to wait until your grade is officially posted from the current semester, to enroll again for a future semester.   The system won’t allow you to be enrolled for a course twice, and there isn’t any override that would waive this policy.  Remember that if you receive a 2.0 or higher grade in a course, that you are not allowed to repeat it for credit at MSU.